The context of the project
Many people from the Middle East and North Africa come to Europe, to live and to work. That is not easy. Also 2nd and 3d generation children have problems with integration. Among these groups there are potential valuable workforces, where European population is getting older and shrinking.
To use this potential, integration is important. Integration includes the entry of young children in the educational system, with many challenges:
- Language and culture of the host country,
- Different educational systems,
- Lack of social contacts with neighbours or other representatives of the new country,
- Growing separation and reducing tolerance.
Contacts can be simply created via culinary activities. Multicultural cooking together with children, parents and teachers creates a better understanding. Modern learning tools and materials can help to facilitate these activities. VET students will present it in primary/secondary schools. VET image will improve and more.
Using food as a tool to contribute to the integration of Newcomers in Europe.
- To develop learning materials about food, both from host countries and the Newcomers their home country.
- To give Newcomers a better knowledge of the language and culture of the European host countries,
- To stimulate Newcomers to participate more in the educational system, including VET, and feel at home,
- To contribute to a more attractive VET, with more participants,
- To support the participation of Newcomers in the European labour market.