- Population 36,342,087 people
- Rabat is the capital of Morocco.
- Most people in Morocco are Sunni Muslim, a little amount are Christians and very few are Jewish.
- People in Morocco speaks Arabic and Berber and French.
- Morocco’s landscape is mountains with slopes and valleys. The highest peak of the Atlas Mountains is Jebel Toubkal, 4,165 meters.
- The weather in Morocco is dry, but it can be both snow in the Atlas Mountains while it is sunny and 20 degrees Celsius in Marrakech south of the Atlas Mountains.
- Countries bordering Morocco are Spain, Algeria and Western Sahara. Sahara Desert is blanketed the southeastern of the region.
- Green tea with mint and sweetened with sugar is a popular beverage in Morocco.
- Football is very popular in Morocco. The national soccer team where the first African and Arab country to make the 2nd round of a World Cup.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 (17.5 ounces) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- salt, and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Stirring ladle
- Chopping board
- Cooking pan
- Roasting pan
Preparation Preparation time
Total time: 1 1/2 hours
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
- Place chicken breasts in a small cooking pan and cover the chicken with water and bouillon. Poach over medium-low heat, just below the boiling point.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes, until no longer pink in center.
- Dice chicken.
- Reserve bouillon.
- Whisk eggs with 1/2 cup the reserved bouillon and the chopped parsley.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll out one sheet of pastry into a 12 inch square.
- Cut other sheet of pastry in half and roll out into two 8 inch squares. Fit 12 inch square of pastry into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Spread half of diced chicken evenly across bottom of pastry.
- Pour half of egg mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with half of cinnamon and sugar mixture, then with salt and pepper.
- Cover with one 8 inch square of pastry.
- Cover pastry square with remaining chicken, egg mixture, and cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
- Cover with remaining pastry square.
- Fold edges of bottom pastry over top of pie.
- Brush with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve lukewarm or cold.
- It is important to wash hands before and while cooking.
- All vegetables must be rinsed thoroughly.
- You must be especially careful with chicken and always make sure it is thoroughly cooked.
- Always keep the chicken and vegetables apart.
- Use a clean knife and chopping board for the chicken and another clean knife and another chopping board for the vegetables.