Cultural background for Iran
- Climate varies. In the northwest there is heavy snowfall and subfreezing temperatures while the winters are mild in the south. Summertime are hot and dry Earthquakes are frequent in Iran.
- Land: Iran is one of the most mountainous countries in the world. The highest peak is Mount Damavand, 5671 meters and the lowest point is the Caspian Sea, – 28 meters below sea level.
- Population 73.974.000 persons
- Iran’s population is very young 70% of them are 30 or younger.
- Persian cats originate from Iran
The meal is not for a specific occasion. It is a nice quick dish for everyday and can be used as a main course and side dish.
It is a Persian dish. Not for any special occasion. But can be used for both side dish or main dish. Serve it with baked potatoes, yogurt and warm bread
- 4 cups chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 eggs
- 2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2/3 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying (I used olive oil)
- Chopping board
- Fry pan
- Palette knife
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion till golden brown, add garlic, turmeric and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- Break the eggs one at a time into a small bowl and then gently place it on top of the vegetables.
Cover and cook for few minutes until the eggs are set. Serve warm on a plate.
- It is important to wash hands before and while cooking.
- The spinach must be rinsed thoroughly. The dish cannot be reheated because of the spinach.