Vegan and Gluten free Falafel (15 portions)
Falafels are deep-fried dumpings made from garbanzo beans or chickpears. From the Middle-East – officially Syrian national food. Nowadays falafel is an important vegetarian food also in Finland.
- 2,5 dl of dry chickpears
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Crushed garlic clove
- Fhres parsley
- Rapeseed oil for frying
- Prepare the beans by following the instructioons on the package, soaking and boiling until soft.
- Chop the beans in a blender.
- Add oil, spices and finely chopped garlic and parsley.
- If it possible, allow the finished dough to season overnight.
- Make small balls, about the size of ping pong ball. Slightly flatten.
- Pour oil into the pan, just covering botton. Heat oil.
- Fry in until golden brown 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Tzatziki (6 portions)
Tzatziki is originating from WestAsia. Tatziki varies widely from region to region. Here, the students made the Sauce according to their region (Turkey and Balkan)
- 200 g of cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 g Turkish yougurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Fresh mint
- Olive oil
- Grate the cucumber into coarse grate. Put the grater in the strainer and squeeze excess juice out. Peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Garnish with olive oil.