- 40 parsnips
- 40 red onions
- 110/2 dl olive oil
- 40 springs of thyme
- 20 sprigs of rosemary
- 10 head of garlic cut in half horizontally
- 20 medium sweet potatoes
- 300 cherry tomatoes
- 20 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 20 tablespoons of small cappers
- 10 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 5 teaspoons of mustard
- 10 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oven tray
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Potato peeker
- Mixing bowl
- Roasting pan
- Preheat your oven to 190 C.
- Peel the parsnips and cut them, depending on the size, in two or three pieces. Cut each piece in quarters lengthwise. (5 minutes).
- Peel the onions and cut each into six parts. (5 minutes).
- Put the parsnips and onions into a large mixing bowl and add 1 dl olive oil, thyme sprigs, rosemary, garlic, pepper and salt. Toss together and put everything into a large oven tray. Place in the oven for c. or until the vegetables are starting to colour. (c. 20 minutes).
- Wash the sweet potatoes and cut them into 6-8 pieces. (5 minutes).
- Add the sweet potatoes to the oven tray and place in the oven for another 50-50 minutes or until the vegetables are golden. (c. 40-50 minutes).
- When the vegetables are golden, add the tomatoes (in halves). And place into the oven for a final 10 minute. (c. 10 minutes).
- Mix the lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of cappers and salt together and this dressing over the vegetables.
- Finally, toss over the toasted sesame seeds and serve.