- Population 36,342,087 people
- Rabat is the capital of Morocco.
- Most people in Morocco are Sunni Muslim, a little amount are Christians and very few are Jewish.
- People in Morocco speaks Arabic and Berber and French.
- Morocco’s landscape is mountains with slopes and valleys. The highest peak of the Atlas Mountains is Jebel Toubkal, 4,165 meters.
- The weather in Morocco is dry, but it can be both snow in the Atlas Mountains while it is sunny and 20 degrees Celsius in Marrakech south of the Atlas Mountains.
- Countries bordering Morocco are Spain, Algeria and Western Sahara. Sahara Desert is blanketed the southeastern of the region.
- Green tea with mint and sweetened with sugar is a popular beverage in Morocco.
- Football is very popular in Morocco. The national soccer team where the first African and Arab country to make the 2nd round of a World Cup.
This soup is original for breaking the fast.
- 250 g Chickpeas à from can
- 250 g shoulder of beef or lamb without bones
- 1 tbsp. vegetable Bouillon
- 1 1/2 l water
- 2 pcs. onions cut into slices
- 3 pieces tomatoes
- 1 tsp. saffron
- 3 tsp. fresh ginger, grated (taste for)
- 25 g butter
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 l water
- 1/2 dl rice
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. celery, finely chopped
- 1 pcs. lemon, the juice of it
- Measuring cup
- Stirring ladle
- Chopping board
Cooking hour: 1 1/2 hour + 10 hours for soaking the chickpeas. Else buy the chickpeas in from can
- Soak the dried chickpeas 10-12 hours in cold water covered.
- Pour the water off.
- Boil them in fresh and unsalted water for 45-60 minutes.
- Dip them in a sieve.
- Chickpeas can be used in salads, soups, stews, pâté and purée in, for example, humus and fake forks.
- Cut the meat into smaller pieces, approx. 1×1 cm
- Season the meat in a little oil in a saucepan and add onions, tomatoes, butter, saffron and grated ginger
- Stir well until it starts to smell
- Add the chickpeas, as well as vegetable broth and water and simmer for about 45 minutes until the meat is tender
- Add more water along the way
- When the meat and chickpeas are tender, mix water, tomato sauce and add to the soup with the rice
- Boil for 10 minutes
- Immediately before serving, stir the chopped herbs and lemon juice into the soup
- Taste with ginger
It is important to wash hands before and while cooking.