- Official name: Arab republic of Egypt
- Form of government: republic
- Capital: Cairo
- Population: 87, 562, 261 persons
- Official language: Arabic
- The Egyptian alphabet contained more than 700 hieroglyphs
- Money: Egyptian pound, guinay
- Area: 1,001,449 square kilometres
- Major mountain ranges: Eastern Highlands
- Major river: Nile
- Afterlife in Egypt was as important as life itself. Ancient Egyptian pyramids were built to the pharaohs and their families to life after death. There has been discovered 130 pyramids in Egypt. They were used as tombs and they believed that their soul would live forever if they preserved them through the mummification process. If you unwrap bandages of an ancient Egypt mummy, you got 1.6 km bandage!
- Ancient Egyptians believed in more than 2,000 deities. Every aspect of life had a god to worship to keep life in balance.
- Cats were a sacred animal and they believed cats would bring good luck in the household.
- Aside from all the believes the ancient Egyptians was inventors of nice things that we still use. Toothpaste, locks and keys, paper and pen.
This side dish is used in various Egyptian dishes. It can also be used as the main ingredient in a vegetarian burger. This meal is not for any special occasion. Just nice as a side dish.
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 Dl olive oil
- 1 tsp chili
- 1 Clove garlic
- Chopping board
Preparation time 15 min
- Cut the aubergines in slices of 0.5 cm
- Chop the garlic and fry it in the olive oil
- Then add to the aubergines and chili to the hot pan
- Simmer until golden
- Store in the oil and eat directly from the container
- It is important to wash hands before and while cooking.
- All vegetables must be rinsed thoroughly.
- Use a clean knife and chopping board for the vegetables.
You can keep the aubergine in the refrigerator for a day or two.